Marion Mensing Counselling, Dunmanway, County Cork, Ireland
For Further Information Please Phone
To Book A First Online Session Click Here:
terms, conditions & Fees
- Our service contract is governed by the Laws of Ireland and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.
- You need to be a resident in Ireland, UK or EU and over 18.
- My current fee for a therapeutic online session is €60. However, if you genuinely cannot afford the normal fee, I offer counselling/therapy on a compassionate basis for only €44 per session.
- Fees are due 24 hours before the session.
- Sessions are of a set time of 50 min.
- As a client you can use your smartphone, tablet or computer. If you use a smartphone or a tablet it is required that you lean it against something for the session, so that you can sit in front of it with your hands free. A good internet connection is needed, and I recommend keeping your system software up-to-date.
- As a client, you are responsible for ensuring that you are available to start the session on time. As all sessions will end on time, sessions that do not begin on time will be of a reduced time but subject to the full fee.
- Sessions affected by technical difficulties or cancellations on my behalf will be subject to a full refund or a rescheduled session.
- You may end therapy at any time but in the interest of closure you will be asked to attend for a closing session.
- 24 hours notice should be given for all cancellations. Sessions missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will incur the full cost of the session.
- I aim to provide a secure and confidential service. To my end, I ensure that my computer is regularly updated with security software. I use a firewall, antivirus software and strong passwords in combination with 2-factor-authentication wherever possible. Video-calls are encrypted, carried out in a safe, uninterrupted private setting using a GDPR compliant tele-medicine portal for security and privacy. Text messages and emails are only used for administration purposes.
- As a client, you are responsible for making the necessary arrangements to ensure confidentiality from your end during sessions and afterwards where computers may be shared.
- Personal data is required for my own records and will be stored in a secure file and will not be released to a third party except under court order, or in case of my death to the Therapeutic Executor of my clinical will (see below).
- I do not provide any written reports or any kind of diagnosis.
- As a client, you accept that there are limits to confidentiality. While the content of the sessions and your identity are treated with the strictest confidentiality, this may cease should you disclose criminal activity, child sexual abuse, or material which leads me to believe that you pose a threat to the safety of yourself or others or where the safety of a minor is threatened. In all instances where it may be necessary to break confidentiality you will be informed prior to any action being taken.
- As a client, you accept that in the name of best practice I am required to attend regular supervision and that your identity will remain confidential.
- In the event of my death: I have appointed a Therapeutic Executor of my clinical will who will take care of contacting you and discuss with you appropriate onward arrangements. This will be a qualified psychotherapist / counsellor adhering to the same ethical framework and confidentiality I adhere to.