My Professional Development
- My name is Marion Mensing but I am also known as Marion Harenbrock.
- I earned a Doctorate in Natural Sciences from the University of Muenster in Germany in 1990.
- Subsequently, I worked for more than two decades in different roles in the financial services industry in Germany, Luxembourg and Ireland.
- Matured and grown through the challenges of a deeply transformative crisis, I changed my direction in 2016: In Ireland, I worked part-time in residential rehabilitation for addiction and studied Counselling and Psychotherapy. I qualified as a Psychotherapist with an I.A.C.P. accredited Diploma in May 2020.
First we must fall, and then recover from that fall—and both are the mercy of God—Julian of Norwich
- Living in the beautiful countryside of West Cork, my focus moved to Online-Therapy. In June 2020, I graduated from the Online Therapy Institute as a Certified Online Therapist and set up my private therapy practice.
- I now draw on various approaches: Deep Brain Reorienting (DBR), Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS), Trauma-Informed Practice, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy, Jungian Psychology.
- Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Traumatic Stress Studies (Bessel van der Kolk, Ruth Lanius, & al., Trauma Research Foundation)
- First Class Honours BSc Counselling & Psychotherapy Degree (Middlesex University, London)
- Clinical Trauma Professional Training (PESI).
Specific Trainings in Main Approaches:
- Deep Brain Reorienting (DBR):
- Advanced Training: Working With Dynamic Orienting Tension in Deep Brain Reorienting With Insights From the Alexander Technique (Frank Corrigan & Martin Warner)
- Certificate in Deep Brain Reorienting (DBR) for Trauma, Dissociative and Personality Disorders (DBR Italia):
(1) Neurobiology of Trauma and Dissociation (Frank Corrigan & Daniela Rabellino),
(2) The Theoretical Model of Deep Brain Reorienting and the Treatment of Personality Disorders and Complex PTSD (Frank Corrigan),
(3) DBR and Treatment of Complex Dissociative Disorders (Frank Corrigan & Costanzo Frau)
- DBR Level 3: Applications in Dissociative Disorders and Other Complex Trauma Disorders With Practicums (Frank Corrigan & al.).
- DBR Level 2: Advanced Training For Attachment Shock and Wounding With Practicums (Frank Corrigan & al.)
- DBR Level 1: Basic Training With Practicums (Frank Corrigan & al.)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) :
- IFS Masterclass: Healing the Trauma That Surrounds Medical Syndromes (Lissa Rankin, Richard Schwartz)
- IFS Workshop: Shamanism & Psychotherapy (Ann Sinko, Robert Falconer)
- IFS Workshops: Compassion for Addictive Process (Cece Sykes)
- IFS Workshops: Befriending Difficult Protectors (Mike Elkin)
- IFS Workshops: The Further Reaches of IFS—Unattached Burdens (UBs) and Guides (Robert Falconer)
- IFS Workshops: Embracing Our Legacy Burdens and Heirlooms (Osnat Arbel)
- IFS Techniques for Anxiety (Richard Schwartz)
- IFS in Action: Leading Clients to Self-Leadership (Richard Schwartz)
- IFS in Action: Masterclass (Richard Schwartz)
- International IFS Practitioner Training - Level 1, IFS Institute, Poland (Osnat Arbel)
Other Specific Trainings:
- Compassionate Inquiry Approach to Mental and Physical Illness—Workshop Series (Gabor Maté)
- Diploma in Sex Addiction Counselling (CPCAB Award, UK Level 5)
- Training in Flash Technique: Basic Principles and Protocols—reducing the disturbance of extremely painful memories to make them easier accessible for therapy (Philip Manfield)
- CPD Workshop: Understanding Infertility & Fertility Treatments (Miriam Finnerty, IACP)
- Psychotherapy has become a late vocation for me, and I have a special interest in Carl Jung's unmediated original work.
- I am also following the growing body of research about psychedelics and how they stimulate qualitative changes to states of consciousness—with a special interest in the potential benefits of psychedelics
- in the treatment of psychological problems
- in the treatment of physical health problems
- as a catalyst for creative problem solving
- as a catalyst for spiritual insight
- for personal growth
- especially combined/integrated/compared with IFS Therapy, see e.g. here
- In addition, I am in the process of writing a book: Spirituality, the Key to Human Growth: A Scientific Analysis.
-->see all publications