Professional Membership in ACTO–Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
Member of ISMHO—International Society for Mental Health Online
Pre-Accredited Member of IACP — Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- My name is Marion Mensing but I am also known as Marion Harenbrock.
- I graduated with a PhD in Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.) from the University of Muenster in Germany in 1990 with Statistical Research as main area.
- I worked for more than two decades in different roles in the financial services industry in Germany, Luxembourg and Ireland.
- Recovering from a severe life crisis, I changed my direction. I studied Counselling and Psychotherapy at PCI College in Cork and qualified with an I.A.C.P. accredited Diploma.
- After four years of work experience in residential addiction treatment in Ireland —living in the beautiful countryside of West Cork—my focus is now on Online-Therapy. I graduated from the Online Therapy Institute as a Certified Cyber (Online) Therapist.
- I draw on various approaches: Internal Family Systems (IFS), Trauma-Informed Care, Neurologically Informed CBT, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Attachment Theory, Person-Centred Therapy, Twelve Steps Approach For Recovery and others.
- Pluralistic Counselling is my therapeutic orientation.
- Diploma in Jungian Psychology with Distinction (Open College™).
- Clinical Trauma Professional Training (PESI).
- Training in Applied Neuroscience for Treating Anxiety, Panic and Worry (PESI).
- Gabor Maté Compassionate Inquiry Master Class: A Powerful Approach for Healing Anxiety, Compulsive Substance Abuse, ADHD, and more (PESI).
- IFS in Action Master Class by Richard Schwartz (PESI)
- Training Workshop IFS in Action: Leading Clients to Self-Leadership by Richard Schwartz (PESI)
- Ongoing, 9/2020-6/2021: Diploma in Therapy for Compulsive Sexual Behaviour (The Laurel Institute, UK)
- Ongoing, 2/2021-4/2021: International IFS Therapist Training, IFS Institute, Poland
- I consider Psychotherapy as my calling and have a special interest in Carl Jung's unmediated original work.
- I published a book of poetry and work on a book about the key role of spirituality in human growth.