INTERNAL FAMILY SYSTEMS THERAPY
IFS Trained Provider
My favourite meditation app:
I strongly endorse Iain McGilchrist's work if you really want to understand what has been poisoning our minds and our souls: McGilchrist
Find me also on SoundCloud.
The problematic situations in your life are not chance or haphazard. They are specifically yours, designed specifically for you by a part of you that loves you more than anything else. The part of you that loves you more than anything else has created roadblocks that lead you to yourself. (A. H. Almaas, 2000, Diamond Heart: Book One: Elements of the Real in Man, p. 130)
My Music Tip:
- My name is Marion Mensing but I am also known as Marion Harenbrock.
- I earned a Doctorate of Natural Sciences from the University of Muenster in Germany in 1990.
- Subsequently, I worked for more than two decades in different roles in the financial services industry in Germany, Luxembourg and Ireland.
- Matured and grown through the challenges of a deeply transformative crisis, I changed my direction in 2016: In Ireland, I worked part-time in residential rehabilitation for addiction and studied Counselling and Psychotherapy. I qualified as a psychotherapist with an I.A.C.P. accredited Diploma in May 2020.
- Living in the beautiful countryside of West Cork, my focus moved to Online-Therapy. In June 2020, I graduated from the Online Therapy Institute as a Certified Cyber Therapist and set up my private therapy practice.
- I now draw on various approaches: Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS), Trauma-Informed Care, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy, Transpersonal Psychology, Energy Therapy.
Further Education, Trainings and Continuing Professional Development:
- Diploma in Jungian Psychology with Distinction (Open College™).
- Clinical Trauma Professional Training (PESI).
- IFS Trainings:
- International IFS Practitioner Training - Level 1, IFS Institute, Poland (Osnat Arbel)
- IFS in Action: Masterclass (Richard Schwartz)
- IFS in Action: Leading Clients to Self-Leadership (Richard Schwartz)
- IFS Techniques for Anxiety (Richard Schwartz)
- IFS Workshops: Embracing Our Legacy Burdens and Heirlooms (Osnat Arbel)
- IFS Workshops: The Farther Reaches of IFS—Unattached Burdens and Guides (Robert Falconer)
- IFS Workshops: Befriending Difficult Protectors (Mike Elkin)
- IFS Workshops: Compassion for Addictive Process (Cece Sykes)
- IFS Workshop: Shamanism & Psychotherapy (Ann Sinko, Robert Falconer)
- IFS Masterclass: Healing the Trauma That Surrounds Medical Syndromes (Lissa Rankin, Richard Schwartz)
- Compassionate Inquiry Approach to Mental and Physical Illness—Workshop Series (Gabor Maté)
- Diploma in Sex Addiction Counselling (CPCAB Award, UK Level 5)
- First Class Honours BSc Counselling & Psychotherapy Degree (Middlesex University, London)
- Training in evidence-based transpersonal Energy Therapy Technique (Dr. Karen Ward, MIACP)
- Workshop: Meeting the Suicidal Client and the Client Bereaved by Suicide (Chris Maskens & al.)
- CPD Workshop: Understanding Infertility & Fertility Treatments (Miriam Finnerty, IACP)
- In progress (9/2022-7/2025): MSc Programme in Consciousness, Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology (Alef Trust, Liverpool John Moores University)—focussing on the nature of consciousness, the dynamics between psyche and body, the psychology of Self, higher states of being, and the psychological basis of spiritual practices
- Member of -->The Scientific and Medical Network, UK
- Professional Affiliate of -->The Galileo Commission
- Student of the Diamond Approach, a spiritual practice of learning to recognise realness and learning to be real
- I consider Psychotherapy as my late vocation and have a special interest in Carl Jung's unmediated original work.
- I love using my expressive capacities through sensitive recitation of my poetry—a poetry that is concise, without excessive words. Listen here.
- I also work on a book about the key role of spirituality in human growth.
-->see all publications